To enable each person taking part in the program to identify stress symptoms and their causes, then to develop the personal strategies most suitable for controlling and dealing with stress.
- Accept stress as a fact of life.
- Understand that stress need not be an enemy.
- To understand the effects that stress has on the body.
- To understand the effects that stress has on the mind.
- Be able to identify symptoms of stress.
- Identify personal ways to deal with stress.
- Have a greater self awareness.
- Be able to truly relax.
- Understand the relationship between deep relaxation and stress.
- Be able to develop the ability to self-induce deep relaxation